Oral Cancer Screening In Houston, TX
Oral cancer screening is the most important exam performed by your dentist. This exam’s main purpose is to determine if any signs of oral cancer or precancerous conditions are present in your mouth. Early diagnosis and treatment of oral cancer are necessary to catch any conditions before they turn severe. During the oral cancer screening in our Houston dental office, your dentist will identify symptoms of mouth cancer.
Here at Vintage Smile Family Dentistry, our experts will perform an oral cancer screening during a routine checkup or oral exam. Depending on your condition, we may recommend additional oral cancer screening tests to diagnose abnormal cells and precancerous lesions.
To schedule your oral exam, make an appointment with our office today by calling (281) 251-7770.
Why Go With Oral Cancer Screening?
What Makes A Person More Prone To Oral Cancer?
- High consumption of alcohol
- Constant exposure to sunlight
- Regular tobacco usage in the form of cigarettes, smoking, and pipes
- Having a habit of lip and cheek biting
- Previous diagnosis of oral cancer
Signs And Symptoms Of Oral Cancer
- Finding it difficult to chew, swallow, speak or move the jaw
- Red or white patches in the mouth
- Sore throat, soreness, or change in voice
- Mouth bleeding due to unknown reasons
- Soreness in the back of the mouth
- Numbness or tenderness in any area of the mouth, face, or neck
- Lump/s in the neck
- Loosened teeth
Oral Cancer Screening Tests
An oral cancer screening test may include the use of:
Oral Cancer Screening Dye: This special chemical helps identify abnormal cells. Before the exam, your dentist may ask you to rinse your mouth with a blue dye that makes identification easy.
Oral Cancer Screening Light: During your oral exam, your dentist will shine a special light inside your mouth to make any abnormal tissues more prominent.